What is Zimbra?
Zimbra Collaboration Suite or ZCS has enlisted itself in the service of providing email solutions and office productivity as well as a collaborative tool for different companies to catch up with the fast-changing demographics of the corporate world. Initially, as Zimbra Collaboration Suite in 2005, after changing hands a few times, by September 2013, Zimbra formally established its firm footing as a corporate cloud solutions provider.
Two versions of Zimbra are currently available: The open-Source version and the Professional version. It also comes along with a Zimbra Web Client, which supports email and group calendars for aligning mails and Video Conferencing necessary for every company to function collectively.
What is Google workspace?
Google workspace on the other end of the spectrum in our discussion had its inception in 2006, and became a Global Goliath, offering a wide range of applications that cater to the varied requirements of different organizations. This was formerly known as Google Apps, till it was re-branded in late 2016. It also includes a variety of apps and features that can come in quite handy.
Comparison: Zimbra Vs Google Workspace
- Code Customisation: Zimbra is open-source software, which means businesses are free to modify the code according to their needs. When it comes to Google workspace, it has a specific template style design, which cannot be modified. Another advantage of Zimbra is its easy-to-use interface.
- Platforms Supported: Similar to Google workspace, Zimbra works on Mac and Windows. If a business is looking for an email solution that is compatible with Linux and Unix, they need to choose Zimbra. It runs on all browsers and is compatible with all major mail clients.
- Mobile Options: Businesses often give their employees the flexibility to work from their smartphones and the email solutions are compatible with mobiles. Zimbra has apps for iPhone and Android, while Google workspace has apps for iPhone, Windows Phone, and Android. The synchronization of Zimbra is, however, superior to other email software.
- Data Security: Data security is one of the worries of enterprises. Both Google workspace and Zimbra have SOC 2 certification, HTTPS encryption for all pages, encryption of sensitive data at rest, multi-factor authentication options, and data backup in multiple locations/GEO regions. Many businesses are not comfortable using Google to manage their private data Google. Zimbra provides the required level of privacy and security to small and large businesses.
Ultimately, Zimbra & Google workspace have a lot in common, and each facilitates a resilient platform for business users for professional email communication. But each one has a unique selling point. Zimbra boasts a user-friendly interface and handy features at a low price.
Why should you choose Zimbra over other competitors?
Zimbra Collaboration Suite is an open-source solution that benefits from constant developments. There are some key benefits offered by Zimbra email hosting services. With Zimbra, your employees can manage their mailboxes far better. They save precious time and money in the process.
Zimbra consists of two versions:
- Open-source version: Zimbra Collaboration Open-Source Edition allows you to test, evaluate, deploy, customize and improve and a vibrant Open-Source Community is supporting it.
- Professional version: Zimbra Professional Edition provides Archiving and Discovery feature that enables you to archive messages that were delivered to or sent by Zimbra Collaboration and to search across mailboxes.
By utilizing Zimbra in conjunction with Tetra, you will have complete peace of mind regarding all of your business email needs.
Both Tetra and Zimbra have a strong track record for always putting customers first. This is one of the core reasons why Tetra continues to be a premium partner of Zimbra, giving clients the most important choice when it comes to the best Enterprise Mailing and Collaborative Solution.
Contact us to learn what Zimbra services might look like for your organization in both cloud and on-premise hosting options. Allow our representative to either call you in 24 hours or e-mail you for more details about our services - Click Here