A collaborative environment provides the ability to work effectively on a common task with other members of a team. Good collaborative technology software provides an easy way for businesses to track the work of employees to get the best possible results. Zimbra professional is one of the most widely used collaborative technology software in the market. Zimbra has both on-premise and cloud hosting options and is rated as one of the most cost-effective solutions for all your collaborative needs.
Zimbra consists of two versions:
- Open-source version: Zimbra Collaboration Open-Source Edition allows you to test, evaluate, deploy, customize and improve and a vibrant Open-Source Community is supporting it.
- Professional version: Zimbra Professional Edition provides Archiving and Discovery feature that enables you to archive messages that were delivered to or sent by Zimbra Collaboration and to search across mailboxes.
Collaboration features which Zimbra offers
- Connect users to their clouds with a smarter mailbox that integrates email, tasks, address book, calendar, files, and enterprise applications
- Stay connected anywhere on any smartphone or other device with IMAP/POP, CalDAV, and CarDAV
- Work online or offline with Zimbra Desktop or clients such as Microsoft Outlook using IMAP/POP, CalDAV, and CarDAV
- Integrate with external directories for authentication, address lists, and provisioning
- Synchronization to iOS (iPhone, iPad), Windows, and Android-based smartphones and tablets, using IMAP/POP, CalDAV, and CarDAV
- Rich browser-based experience for Zimbra email, contacts, calendar, and files on any XHTML-capable device
Though many of the above-mentioned features are available in both versions of Zimbra, there are some extremely useful features that you get only with the professional version. Though we provide those features even with the open-source version. The features are:
- Outlook for Windows (MAPI): With the Zimbra Collaboration Suite Connector for Outlook, users can use Microsoft Outlook to access the Zimbra Collaboration Suite server and synchronize data to/from Outlook for offline use. The Zimbra Collaboration Suite Connector for Outlook is a MAPI service provider that is installed on users’ computers.
- Zimbra Mobile (ActiveSync): ActiveSync is a mobile synchronization protocol developed by Microsoft. The implementation used by Zimbra is called Exchange Active Sync and provides PUSH synchronization of Calendars, Address Books, and Emails between an ActiveSync-enabled server and multiple devices such as Mobile Phones, Tablets, PDAs, and Desktop Computers.
3rd Party integrations
Zimbra 9 is designed for extensibility and features best-in-class, out-of-the-box integrations with Slack, Dropbox, and Zoom, with many more integrations underway. Zimbra is fully committed to creating a collaborative ecosystem that allows small businesses, enterprises, and other organizations to utilize services they use day-to-day instead of being forced to use or pay for services they don’t use. Break free from the closed systems of Microsoft and Google and use the apps that you have already invested in.
Benefits of using the collaborative features which Zimbra offers
- Zimbra Collaboration Server can be shared internally or externally
- Streamline sharing management as new users join an organization or distribution alias
- An Integrated document management Briefcase eliminates the need for separate document management tools
- Create personal or team Task Lists with due dates, priority, and per cent complete
- Group Scheduling Wizard finds an optimal time/place for large meetings in seconds
- Delegate access to calendars and share calendars with peers
Contact us to learn what Zimbra services might look like for your organization in both cloud and on-premise hosting options. Allow our representative to either call you in 24 hours or E-Mail you for more details about our services - Click Here